Monday, May 26, 2008

In 12 days

Since my last post I had three unsuccessful tries at making the perfect chocolate chip cookies, the kids have been happy with my trying and they agree that I should keep baking them until I get the batch of cookies just right, there have been celebrity marriages and engagements, it has rained-which makes me wonder if the Chinese have been meddling with the clouds?-and I dreamed the craziest dream I ever had.

In the dream I was in L.A. and I think I was working as an usher at a party held at the building I used to work in but I was dressed fancy as the guests were and I remember feeling like there was no one in charge and so I took charge and led the party guests to a grand room with very high ceilings in which I could hear my heels as I walked on the marble floor in the Biltmore Hotel. They all lined up and followed me like children follow their teachers to the cafeteria. At some point Odie and I ended up in a black limousine with Hugh Hefner. Hef lay naked on me and I held him like a baby on my lap. Thank goodness I didn't see his wee-wee because his whole skin was wrinkled and it sagged. Or maybe I did see it but I'm traumatized and chose to forget it. You know what else is good? I don't remember feeling his body either. Could I remember that from a dream? Anyway, then he told me something very important, something I wonder and worry about so much it keeps me up at night. He told me that there is hope for eight ball hearts like mine. I never knew he could be so deep. Thanks for the words of encouragement! I looked over at Odie sitting across from us and gave him an "I told you so" look.

It is a strange dream because why of all people, did I find hope in Hugh Hefner?

No comments: